Class Teachers – St. John the Divine CE Primary
Website St John the Divine Church of England Primary School
Class Teachers sought for primary school in Camberwell
Salary: Inner London Main/Upper Pay Scale
Position type: Permanent
To start: September 2020
For further details or to arrange a school visit: Please contact the school by telephone on 020 7735 4898 or by email
To apply: Please submit a completed application (forms found below this advert, in the ‘Application Documents’ section) using the ‘Apply for Job’ button below – please do not submit CVs, as these cannot be accepted
Applications close: This is an open advert, until our vacancies have been filled
Interviews: As required
Our school is set in a large traditional Victorian building in the heart of Lambeth, the cultural hub of London.
Our school is small and because of this we know every child and we can fulfil our aim to help every child be the best they can be.
Our location brings the possibility of world leading teaching assets on your doorstep.
We are focused on creating a vibrant community where every person makes their contribution to creating a better society. Our vision is of a joyful place where children are empowered to explore their potential through educational excellence within an environment of spiritual growth and well-being.
We are looking for inspirational and ambitious class teachers who will engage and inspire our children by:
- creating and delivering excellent learning experiences;
- empowering them to explore their full potential;
- sharing a genuine love of learning and fostering this is our children;
- contributing positively to our school community; and
- supporting and upholding the Christian ethos of our school
This is an exciting opportunity for passionate and enthusiastic teachers.
For candidates with the relevant experience and expertise there are opportunities available to take a more active role in shaping the future at St John the Divine by taking on leadership responsibilities.
We are committed to professional development – from the successful induction of NQTs to supporting staff on their journey through to middle leadership and beyond – we work with recognised partners to provide access to high quality training courses tailored to meet your needs.
The successful applicant can look forward to working with a welcoming and dedicated team of individuals and children who love school and are proud of their achievements.
We also offer:
- a connected curriculum approach to learning which focuses on developing children’s skills, knowledge and understanding through purposeful activities;
- induction for all and excellent opportunities for professional development;
- a supportive Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body who are committed to developing the leaders of the future;
- the opportunity to work with colleagues across the borough through the Brixton Learning Collaborative and the Southwark Diocese of Education; and
- access to employee benefits through the Health Assurance Programme.
The Governors and staff of St John the Divine Church of England Primary School are fully committed to safeguarding the children the school community and all appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this job you'll need to download and fill in the relevant supplied documents, (the links are above) which you will then need to upload using our online application system by clicking the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Lambeth Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment.http://www.lambeth.gov.uk
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all.