Class Teachers – Archbishop Sumner CE Primary
Website Archbishop Sumner CE Primary School
Class Teachers sought for Primary school in Kennington
Salary: Inner London Main/Upper Pay Scale
Position type: Full-time
To start: September 2020
For further details: Please contact Hazel Thompson, School Business Manager, by telephone on 020 7735 2781 or by email
To apply: All applications must use the forms supplied below and be submitted using the ‘Apply for Job’ button below – please do not submit CVs, as these cannot be accepted
Applications close: Friday 5th June 2020
Shortlisting: Monday 8th June 2020
Interviews: week beginning Monday 15th June 2020
Archbishop Sumner Primary School (ABS) is an outstanding two-form entry primary school in Kennington, in the London Borough of Lambeth.
Our children are lively, enthusiastic and come from truly diverse backgrounds, speaking many languages.
We are a Church of England school and pride ourselves on our Christian ethos and strong links with St Anselm’s church in North Lambeth Parish.
We are a hugely creative school, with specialised music, art and dance teachers and take part in many outside school events.
OFSTED 2014/2015: “At the heart of the school’s values is the firm belief that everyone must have an equal opportunity to succeed. The achievements of all pupils are outstanding, including those who are disadvantaged.”
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated class teachers who are experienced, innovative practitioners, keen to develop their teaching and who will inspire our children. NQTs are also welcome to apply.
If you are:
- a child-centred classroom practitioner, committed to excellence for all, who makes learning inclusive, effective and has the ability to raise standards
- a team player with the ability to inspire, motivate and develop children and colleagues
- someone with a growth mindset wanting to develop your career
- supportive of the Christian ethos of our school
We can offer you:
- a leadership team that is committed to staff development and pupil outcomes
- pupils who are lively, highly motivated and from diverse backgrounds, who are keen to learn
- an inclusive school with high standards of attainment and behaviour
- a creative and engaging curriculum with access to many high profile projects and a wide range of extra activities
- a supportive community of staff, parents, governors and the local parish
- planning and working as part of a strong and established team
- easy access to the West End and City amenities
Our school is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity and the safeguarding of children.
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service – further information about the disclosure can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk/DBS and in the recruitment pack.
To apply for this job you'll need to download and fill in the relevant supplied documents, (the links are above) which you will then need to upload using our online application system by clicking the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Lambeth Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment.http://www.lambeth.gov.uk
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all.