Deputy Headteacher – Archbishop Sumner CE Primary
Website Archbishop Sumner CE Primary School
Deputy Headteacher sought for Primary school in Kennington
Salary: Inner London Leadership Scale – points L6 to L10 (£54223 to £59076 per annum)
Position type: Full-time
To start: As soon as possible
For further details or to arrange a school visit: Please contact Hazel Thompson, School Business Manager, by telephone on 020 7735 2781 or by email
To apply: All applications must use the forms supplied below and be submitted using the ‘Apply for Job’ button below – please do not submit CVs, as these cannot be accepted
Applications close: Monday 9th November 2020
Shortlisting: Shortlisted candidates to be contacted by email on Wednesday 11th November 2020
Interviews: week beginning Monday 16th November 2020
Archbishop Sumner Primary School (ABS) is an outstanding two-form entry primary school in Kennington, in the London Borough of Lambeth.
Our children are lively, enthusiastic and come from truly diverse backgrounds, speaking many languages.
We are a Church of England school and pride ourselves on our Christian ethos and strong links with St Anselm’s church in North Lambeth Parish.
We are a hugely creative school, with specialised music, art and dance teachers and take part in many outside school events.
OFSTED 2014/2015: “At the heart of the school’s values is the firm belief that everyone must have an equal opportunity to succeed. The achievements of all pupils are outstanding, including those who are disadvantaged.”
Are you looking to join a leadership team that is committed to staff and pupils’ well-being, development and success?
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Deputy Headteacher for our outstanding school.
This is a non-class based role but will include some teaching of classes and groups.
Applications are invited from experienced, effective, enthusiastic and committed teachers with the skills and initiative to help us develop our outstanding school further.
If you are:
- an outstanding teacher with senior leadership experience
- an experienced subject leader with a proven record in school improvement
- an aspirational practitioner, committed to excellence for all who makes learning inclusive, effective and has the ability to raise standards
- a nurturing and approachable individual who will be supportive of the strong Christian ethos of our school
- an organised and efficient communicator who can manage competing priorities and the logistics of a dynamic two-form entry school
- a trustworthy senior leader with relevant Safeguarding training who is committed to the safety of all members of the school community
we can offer you:
- a leadership team that is committed to staff development and pupil outcomes
- pupils who are lively, highly motivated and from diverse backgrounds, who are keen to learn
- an inclusive school with high standards of attainment and behaviour
- a creative and engaging curriculum with access to many high profile projects and a wide range of extra activities
- a supportive community of staff, parents, governors and the local parish
- planning and working as part of a strong and established team
- easy access to the West End and City amenities
Our school is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity and the safeguarding of children.
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service – further information about the disclosure can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk/DBS and in the recruitment pack.
To apply for this job you'll need to download and fill in the relevant supplied documents, (the links are above) which you will then need to upload using our online application system by clicking the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Lambeth Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment.http://www.lambeth.gov.uk
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all.