Website Bishop Thomas Grant School
Science Teacher sought for secondary school in Streatham
Salary: Inner London Main Pay Scale
Position type: Full-time
To start: September 2021
For further details: Please contact Jacqueline Sylvia by email
To apply: All applications must use the forms supplied below and be submitted using the ‘Apply for Job’ button below – please do not submit CVs, as these cannot be accepted
Applications close: noon, Wednesday 23rd June 2021
Interviews: to be advised
Please note that we reserve the right to close the application process and make an appointment before the closing date, so early applications are encouraged
We are seeking a qualified and motivated candidate to bring energy, enthusiasm and commitment to our outstanding Science Department. We are a high-performing, dedicated and caring team, with a passion for teaching and learning. Our department is made up of inspirational teachers, who will endeavour to challenge and support you.
You must hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree to be considered for this role – the role will involve delivering all three science subjects to GCSE level; the ability to teach one of the Sciences at A level is preferable.
Applications from experienced teachers and NQTs are very welcome.
Applicants do not have to be Catholic but should be committed to working within the Catholic ethos of the school.
Why apply for this position?
- Our school has an outstanding ethos and environment for learning.
- The Department achieves outstanding results at Key Stages 4 and 5, significantly above national averages.
- We are committed to developing the talents and potential of all our staff and place great emphasis on their wellbeing, personal development and CPD.
- Bishop Thomas Grant is a hugely oversubscribed school (in excess of 1000 Applications for 180 Year 7 places) and enjoys a considerable reputation in the local area for its academic excellence and caring ethos.
- OFSTED Report October 2014 Bishop Thomas Grant School is an 11-18 Catholic co-educational comprehensive school and was rated outstanding in all areas.
- Our school provides outstanding pastoral support. This helps all students to remain engaged and motivated to learn. Their exceptionally positive attitude to learning is a major contribution to their achievement.
- Students behave extremely well in and out of the classroom. They feel safe and show high levels of respect for each other, their staff and the school environment.
- Parents have very positive views about how well the school cares for their children and enables them to achieve very highly.
Bishop Thomas Grant School operates rigorous safeguarding procedures.