Website Dunraven Educational Trust
SENDCo sought for all-through school in Streatham
Salary: Inner London Pay Scale plus TLR 1C and SEN Allowance
Position details: Full-time
To start: January 2022 or earlier by negotiation
To apply: Please submit an application through the school’s recruitment webpage
Applications close: Noon Monday 27th September 2021
Interviews: scheduled for later that week
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and successful SENDCO to join our thriving, oversubscribed and outstanding all-through school.
The school’s aim is “Excellence for All” and the governors wish to appoint candidates of significant ability and enthusiasm, aware of and stimulated by the challenges and potential of a successful multi-ethnic coeducational school.
Dunraven School’s results are strong, remaining well above national averages and representing positive ‘value-added’. Recognition of its marked progress has been significant and its journey as a school is important to us.
- In February 2011 we were designated as both a National Support School and a Leading Edge School
- In August 2011, we converted to Academy status
- In 2012, we began our development as an All Through School with children starting in Reception in September 2013
- In Summer 2013, our £20 million BSF programme was completed
- In October 2014, we were judged as outstanding in all areas, including both Early Years and the Sixth Form, by OFSTED
- In 2016, we were designated as a National Teaching School and an Academy Sponsor – the Dunraven Educational Trust was established
- In September 2018, our multi-academy Trust was formally set up with the integration of Van Gogh Primary, followed by Goldfinch Primary school in January 2019
If you are successful in your application, you will share in the leadership and management of a staff who are hard working, committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students.
- a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers (SSAT, Teaching Leaders, Future Leaders, NPQs);
- clear pathways for career development and progression with a proven track-record of success in developing leaders;
- a supportive and collegiate environment, with regular staff social and sporting activities (such as yoga, football and House events);
- excellent opportunities for leading work with external partners (National Support School, National Teaching School);
- a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
Dunraven School is committed to the safety and protection of its students. It is an offence for an individual to attempt to engage in regulated activity (working with children) when disqualified.
A satisfactory enhanced DBS check is a condition of employment for all employees.