Website St John the Divine Church of England Primary School
SENCO sought for primary school in Camberwell
Salary: Inner London Pay Scale – pro rata for part-time hours
Position type: Permanent – part-time (minimum of 0.4fte – two days per week)
To start: January 2023
For further details or to arrange a school visit: Please contact the school by telephone on 020 7735 4898 or by email
To apply: Please submit a completed application (forms found below this advert, in the ‘Application Documents’ section) using the ‘Apply for Job’ button below – please do not submit CVs, as these cannot be accepted
Applications close: Tuesday 6th December 2022
Interviews: Thursday 8th December 2022 and Friday 9th December 2022
St John the Divine is set in a large traditional Victorian building in the heart of Lambeth, the cultural hub of London, a small Church of England Primary School in which we know every child and can fulfil our aim to help them be the best they can be.
We have an ambitious vision which is shared by staff, governors and parents, enabling our children to develop positive and confident attitudes to learning. Our staff expect the utmost from their pupils, themselves and the school, using their expertise to provide pupils with challenging work and, as a result, our children achieve well.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and inspiring candidate to manage and lead SEND provision across our fully inclusive school. We believe it is our duty to ensure that all pupils, regardless of their specific needs, make the best possible progress and we are seeking the right person to join our team.
We are looking for SEND Cordinator who:
- Holds the National SENCO qualification or is working towards completing
- Can lead, manage, develop and maintain high quality SEND provision which enables quality teaching, excellent learning outcomes and success for all pupils
- Has experience of working with children with a range of additional needs
- Is a team player and able to work with and alongside others
- Will be committed to fostering a love of learning
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Will contribute positively to our school community
- Will support and uphold the Christian ethos of our school.
In return we offer:
- Wonderful children who simply love to learn!
- A connected curriculum approach to learning focused on developing children’s skills, knowledge and understanding through purposeful activities
- High quality, tailored Induction and CPD tailored to your career development
- A supportive Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body who are committed to developing the leaders of the future
- Strong partnerships with families, the local community and the opportunity to work with colleagues across the London Borough of Lambeth through the Brixton Learning Collaborative and the Southwark Diocese of Education
- Access to employee benefits through the Health Assurance Programme
The Governors and staff of St John the Divine Church of England Primary School are fully committed to safeguarding the children the school community and all appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.