Teaching Assistant – Christ Church SW9 Primary
Website Christ Church Primary SW9
Teaching Assistant sought for school in Brixton
Salary: NJC Scale 3 – points 14 to 17 (£21189 to £22283 per annum) (part-year working)
Position type: Permanent – full time – 39 weeks per year (during school terms)
To start: As soon as possible
For further details: Please contact Gineice Phipps by telephone on 020 7735 1343 or by email
To arrange a school visit: As above
To apply: Please submit a completed application form (found below this advert, in the ‘Application Documents’ section) using the ‘Apply for Job’ button below, marking your submission for the attention of Alicia Reynolds – please do not submit CVs, as these cannot be accepted
Applications close: Wednesday 23rd October 2019
Interviews: week beginning Monday 28th October 2019
Christ Church Primary SW9 is a small inclusive school in North Brixton with a fantastic outdoor learning environment; we are part of the SW9 Partnership, a small federation of two one-form entry, Church of England primary schools.
Our purpose is to provide a rich and creative curriculum, with high standards within a small, inclusive school – children, staff and governors are committed to the school ethos, which is built on working together to ensure the best outcomes for all our children.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Teaching Assistant to join our talented and supportive team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- supporting groups of children or individuals during the classroom teaching,
- leading groups of children or 1:1 intervention programmes, and
- working with children to support any social, emotional, behavioural, personal care or medical needs.
Applications from graduate trainees who wish to embark on a teacher training course in the future are welcomed and encouraged – please contact the school for more information.
We are looking for:
- someone who believes in the inclusion of all children,
- someone who is willing to work closely with the class teacher to build up a strong partnership,
- someone who is able to communicate effectively with all members of the school community,
- a flexible and enthusiastic team-player,
- someone who is friendly and approachable, and
- someone with good numeracy and literacy skills of a high enough standard to support throughout the school.
We can offer you:
- a supportive and positive working environment,
- happy, creative children who love coming to school and enjoy learning,
- opportunities for professional development and working as part of the wider team across the SW9 Partnership,
- an exceptional school, with strong parent and professional relationships, at the heart of our local community, and
- the opportunity to apply for a trainee teacher position in the future for the right candidate through the School Direct programme.
To apply for this job you'll need to download and fill in the relevant supplied documents, (the links are above) which you will then need to upload using our online application system by clicking the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Lambeth Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment.http://www.lambeth.gov.uk
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all.