EYFS Teaching Assistant – St. John the Divine CE Primary
Website St John the Divine Church of England Primary School
EYFS Teaching Assistant sought for Primary school in Camberwell
Salary: NJC Scale 4 – points 7 to 10 (£23628 to £24927 per annum) (pro rata)
Position type: Permanent – term-time only (39 weeks per year)
To start: September 2019
For further details: Please contact the school by telephone on 020 7735 4898 or by email
To arrange a school visit: As above
To apply: Please submit a completed application (forms found below this advert, in the ‘Application Documents’ section) using the ‘Apply for Job’ button below – please do not submit CVs, as these cannot be accepted
Applications close: Monday 2nd September 2019
Shortlisting: Wednesday 4th September 2019
Interviews: week beginning Monday 9th September 2019
Our school is set in a large traditional Victorian building in the heart of Lambeth, the cultural hub of London.
Our school is small and because of this we know every child and we can fulfil our aim to help every child be the best they can be.
Our location brings the possibility of world leading teaching assets on your doorstep.
We are focused on creating a vibrant community where every person makes their contribution to creating a better society. Our vision is of a joyful place where children are empowered to explore their potential through educational excellence within an environment of spiritual growth and well-being.
Furthermore, our school, the Borough of Lambeth and the Southwark Diocese of Education offer high quality, tailored Induction, CPD and career development opportunities.
We are looking for an Early Years Teaching Assistant to join our experienced, forward-thinking Early Years team serving a richly diverse community. We are committed to a child-centred approach and have successfully embedded a Planning in the Moment approach. Our well-resourced, creative learning environment develops children as independent learners.
We are looking for candidates who:
- have previous experience of working in Early Years;
- demonstrate strong knowledge of the Early Years curriculum;
- share an understanding of the importance of a child-centred approach to learning;
- have enthusiasm, motivation and creativity;
- will contribute positively to our school community; and
- will support and uphold the Christian ethos of our school
In return, we can offer:
- children who are hardworking and proud to be part of our school community;
- a welcoming, enthusiastic and caring staff team committed to providing the best outcomes for our children;
- a connected curriculum approach to learning which focuses on developing children’s skills, knowledge and understanding through purposeful activities;
- induction for all and excellent opportunities for professional development;
- a supportive Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body who are committed to developing the leaders of the future;
- the opportunity to work with colleagues across the borough through the Brixton Learning Collaborative and the Southwark Diocese of Education; and
- access to employee benefits through the Health Assurance Programme.
The Governors and staff of St John the Divine Church of England Primary School are fully committed to safeguarding the children the school community and all appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this job you'll need to download and fill in the relevant supplied documents, (the links are above) which you will then need to upload using our online application system by clicking the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Lambeth Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment.http://www.lambeth.gov.uk
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all.