Teaching Assistant – Julians Primary
Website Julian's Primary School
Please note that this position is initially offered on a fixed-term contract of one year, with the possibility of extension
Teaching Assistant sought for Primary school with sites in Streatham and West Norwood
Salary: NJC points 3 to 5 (£22002 to £22800 per annum) (pro rata for part-year working and (if required) part-time hours)
Position type: Preferably full-time, but could be 25 hours per week – 39 weeks per year (during school terms)
To start: February 2020
For further details: Please contact Gwen Watson by telephone on 020 8761 1894 or by email
To arrange a school visit: As above
To apply: All applications must use the forms supplied below and be submitted using the ‘Apply for Job’ button below – please do not submit CVs, as these cannot be accepted
This position will remain open until it is filled, with interviews being arranged as required
We are seeking an excellent and experienced Teaching Assistant who is proficient in Makaton to join our team of dedicated staff. We are looking for applicants who can support children with SEND, promoting their learning and inclusion in class; and who can work in 1:1 or small group situations to implement learning and social skills programmes.
Do you have:
- Experience of working with children with a range of SEND, including one-to-one?
- A willingness to learn and the ability to take on fresh challenges and to maintain a calm and positive manner?
- GCSE or NVQ Level 2 in English and Maths, or equivalent?
We can offer:
- A “good” school (November 2017) with ‘outstanding’ judgement overall for personal development, behaviour and welfare
- A friendly and supportive team
- Well motivated, happy and friendly children who “bubble with enthusiasm” about their learning and their school
- Two fantastic sites and extremely well-resourced learning environments
- A forward thinking school which welcomes fresh ideas
- The opportunity to shape the future of Lambeth’s largest primary school
- A supportive parental community who work alongside the school to develop excellence
- An active and outstanding governing body
- Opportunities for high quality professional development
To apply for this job you'll need to download and fill in the relevant supplied documents, (the links are above) which you will then need to upload using our online application system by clicking the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Lambeth Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment.http://www.lambeth.gov.uk
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all.