Music Teacher (Brass specialist) – Archbishop Sumner CE Primary
Website Archbishop Sumner CE Primary School
Music Teacher (Brass specialist) sought for Primary school in Kennington
We are also recruiting for a music teacher; you may want to apply for both posts…
Salary: Inner London Main Pay Scale – pro-rata for part-time hours
Position type: Part-time – three half-days per week, with one being until 5pm for after-school practice
To start: As soon as possible
For further details: Please contact Hazel Thompson, School Business Manager, by telephone on 020 7735 2781 or by email
To apply: All applications must use the forms supplied below and be submitted, along with a covering letter, using the ‘Apply for Job’ button below – please do not submit CVs, as these cannot be accepted
Applications close: 3pm, Thursday 10th September 2020
Shortlisting: To be confirmed
Interviews: To be confirmed
Archbishop Sumner Primary School (ABS) is an outstanding two-form entry primary school in Kennington, in the London Borough of Lambeth.
Our children are lively, enthusiastic and come from truly diverse backgrounds, speaking many languages.
We are a Church of England school and pride ourselves on our Christian ethos and strong links with St Anselm’s church in North Lambeth Parish.
We are a hugely creative school, with specialised music, art and dance teachers and take part in many outside school events.
OFSTED 2014/2015: “At the heart of the school’s values is the firm belief that everyone must have an equal opportunity to succeed. The achievements of all pupils are outstanding, including those who are disadvantaged.”
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced brass teacher to join our dedicated arts team where every child is encouraged to achieve his or her full potential in a dynamic and creative environment.
We are looking for a brass teacher to deliver the programme of small group tuition in cornet, tenor horn, trombone and tuba for students in years 4, 5 & 6, as well as weekly after-school brass band practice.
If you are:
- a qualified music teacher, with relevant experience in group brass teaching, entering students for grade exams (up to Grade Five) and of leading a band
- have excellent instrumental skills as well as general musical knowledge, and able to arrange simple pieces of music, differentiating for the different levels of skill in your students, using Sibelius software
- passionate and motivated
- a team player with the ability to inspire, motivate and develop children and colleagues
- a good communicator, able to work effectively as part of a team
- supportive of the Christian ethos of our school
we can offer you:
- a leadership team that is committed to staff development and pupil outcomes
- pupils who are lively, highly motivated and from diverse backgrounds, who are keen to learn
- an inclusive school with high standards of attainment and behaviour
- a creative and engaging curriculum with access to many high profile projects and a wide range of extra activities
- a supportive community of staff, parents, governors and the local parish
- planning and working as part of a strong and established team
- easy access to the West End and City amenities
COVID-19 – there is a possibility that the whole band will not be able to rehearse while social distancing rules are still in place, or even that some or all lessons will need to take place using video software – we will need to be flexible to comply with government guidelines.
Our school is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity and the safeguarding of children.
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service – further information about the disclosure can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk/DBS and in the recruitment pack.
To apply for this job you'll need to download and fill in the relevant supplied documents, (the links are above) which you will then need to upload using our online application system by clicking the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Lambeth Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment.http://www.lambeth.gov.uk
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all.