Website St. John the Divine CE Primary School
Class Teacher sought for primary school in Camberwell
Salary: Inner London Main Pay Scale
Position type: Permanent
To start: September 2021
For further details or to arrange a school visit: Please contact the school by telephone on 020 7735 4898 or by email
To apply: Please submit a completed application (forms found below this advert, in the ‘Application Documents’ section) using the ‘Apply for Job’ button below – please do not submit CVs, as these cannot be accepted
Applications close: Thursday 17th June 2021
Shortlisting: Friday 18th June 2021
Interviews: week beginning Monday 21st June 2021
We have an ambitious vision which is shared by staff, governors and parents, enabling our children to develop positive and confident attitudes to learning.
Our school is small and because of this, we know every child and we can fulfil our aim for every child to be the best they can be.
Our staff expect the utmost from their pupils, themselves and the school – they use their expertise to provide pupils with challenging work and, as a result, our children achieve well.
We believe that children should be taught by experts in their field, and we employ a full time sports teacher and music teachers to work alongside our dedicated and committed team of teachers to get the best out of every child. We are committed to professional development – from the successful induction of NQTs and ECTs to supporting staff on their journey through to middle leadership and beyond – we work with recognised partners to provide access to high quality training courses tailored to meet your needs.
We are looking to develop our team and to appoint an exceptional teacher who will engage and inspire our children, providing them with excellent educational experiences.
We are looking for:
- someone who is creative, who can plan and deliver excellent learning experiences;
- an individual who is able to empower children to help them explore their full potential;
- a teacher who has a genuine love of learning that they can share with our children;
- a team player, who will contribute positively to our school community and champion our children; and
- someone who will support and uphold the Christian ethos of our school
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and enthusiastic teacher. The successful applicant can look forward to working with a welcoming and dedicated team of individuals and children who love school and are proud of their achievements.
For candidates with the relevant experience and expertise there are opportunities available to take a more active role in shaping the future at St John the Divine by taking on leadership responsibilities.
We also offer:
- wonderful children who simply love to learn
- a connected curriculum approach to learning which focuses on developing children’s skills, knowledge and understanding through purposeful activities;
- induction for all and excellent opportunities for professional development;
- a supportive Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body who are committed to developing the leaders of the future;
- strong partnerships with families, the local community and the opportunity to work with colleagues across the borough through the Brixton Learning Collaborative and the Southwark Diocese of Education; and
- access to employee benefits through the Health Assurance Programme.
The Governors and staff of St John the Divine Church of England Primary School are fully committed to safeguarding the children the school community and all appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.