Website Dunraven School
Please note that this position is initially offered on a fixed-term contract of one year
Peripatetic Cello Teacher sought for all-through school in Streatham
Salary: Inner London Pay Scale – point M4 – pro rata for part-time hours
Position details: Dependent on the number of students but is currently equivalent to 1 day per week during term time on a Wednesday and half a day on a Tuesday morning.
To start: January 2023
For further details, and to apply Please visit the school’s recruitment website
Applications close: noon, Monday 5th December 2022
Interviews: week beginning Monday 5th December 2022
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and successful Cello teacher to join our Music department, from the start of the calendar year. The number of hours is dependent on the number of students but is currently equivalent to 1 day per week during term time on a Wednesday and half a day on a Tuesday morning. The successful candidate will be working with both primary and secondary school aged students and be required to prepare them for ABRSM and Trinity and Guildhall examinations from Grade 1 through to Grade 8. The school’s aim is “Excellence for All” and the governors wish to appoint candidates of significant ability and enthusiasm, aware of and stimulated by the challenges and potential of a successful multi-ethnic coeducational school.
Dunraven School’s results are strong, remaining well above national averages and representing positive ‘value-added’. Recognition of its marked progress has been significant and its journey as a school is important to us.
- In February 2011 we were designated as both a National Support School and a Leading Edge School
- In August 2011, we converted to Academy status
- In 2012, we began our development as an All Through School with children starting in Reception in September 2013
- In Summer 2013, our £20 million BSF programme was completed
- In October 2014, we were judged as outstanding in all areas, including both Early Years and the Sixth Form, by OFSTED
- In 2016, we were designated as a National Teaching School and an Academy Sponsor – the Dunraven Educational Trust was established
- In September 2018, our multi-academy Trust was formally set up with the integration of Van Gogh Primary, followed by Goldfinch Primary school in January 2019
Dunraven School is committed to the safety and protection of its students. An enhanced DBS check with barred list check is a condition of employment for this post.