Website London Nautical School
The London Nautical School is an 11 to 18 Boys’ School situated in the centre of London on the Southbank close to world famous theatres and art galleries. The London Nautical School is a dynamic and progressive school that has high aspirations for its staff and students. With our 650+ students we are a close-knit, warm environment seeking colleagues who value this and wish to contribute to the wider life of our school and community.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of English, who has a track record of raising attainment and delivering outstanding lessons and able to teach both English Language and English Literature to KS3 to KS5.
In particular, candidates should have:
- A passion for language teaching and the ability to inspire and enthuse students of all aptitudes
- Strong subject knowledge
- High expectations of students’ learning, achievement and behaviour
- Enthusiasm for developing innovative approaches to learning, teaching and student participation
- A clear understanding of the latest curriculum and pedagogical developments in English
- An ability to work as part of a team and closely with departmental colleagues
- Excellent organisation skills
Applications from ECTs are welcome and will be considered.
We can offer:
- Enthusiastic, successful students
- High aspirations and expectations of students’ achievement
- Friendly, supportive and professional colleagues
- Excellent leadership support, professional development and guidance
We reserve the right to interview / appoint to this post ahead of the above schedule for outstanding candidates.