School and Education Improvement Adviser – Lambeth Council
Website London Borough of Lambeth
Please note that this position is offered on a fixed-term contract of one year
Starting Salary: Soulbury Scale – points 31 to 34 (£71167 to £74661 per annum, including LW and 3 SPA points)
Position type: Full-time (part-time hours and secondments considered)
To start: As soon as possible
For further details: Please contact Clare Dudman – Assistant Director (School Quality Assurance and Partnerships) – by telephone on 020 7926 2262 or email
To apply: Please submit an application through the Lambeth Council website
Applications close: midnight, Monday 24th August 2020
Assessments and Interviews: week beginning Monday 7th September 2020
This is a key post in Lambeth Council’s drive for continuous improvement for all Lambeth children and young people.
With successful senior school leadership experience and possibly Local Authority experience behind you, you will be a School Improvement Adviser for a group of schools.
A specific interest in whole school improvement strategies for raising achievement is essential – applications from serving headteachers on a secondment basis will be welcomed.
Schools in Lambeth work closely with the Local Authority through the Lambeth Schools Partnership.
All advisers are expected to take a collaborative approach to the wider school improvement agenda.
At this senior level, you will need:-
- a proven track record of school improvement
- an excellent understanding of the context in which schools work and strategies to improve performance
- existing accreditation as an Ofsted Inspector, or the willingness to train as one
- an understanding of the role of elected members
- excellent communication skills
We can offer you the opportunity to:-
- lead and inspire and make a difference
- join a positive, enthusiastic and committed team with the opportunity to lead on key projects
- play a part in the continuing development of a fast improving council
- enhance your career through excellent training and professional development
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
To apply for this job you'll need to download and fill in the relevant supplied documents, (the links are above) which you will then need to upload using our online application system by clicking the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Lambeth Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment.http://www.lambeth.gov.uk
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all.